Skillful. Precise. Dedicated.
MATTHEW J. BRICKER
Technology and Media Liability Claims
Data Security and Privacy Claims
Insurance Litigation and Appeals
Matthew Bricker specializes in insurance monitoring and litigation. He represents insurers on intellectual property, technology, media, data security, and privacy matters including first party, regulatory, and third-party claims. With respect to monitoring, Matthew advises on coverage issues and manages litigation against his clients’ insureds including retaining and overseeing counsel, attending mediations, and assisting in settlements. Recently, Matthew has monitored and analyzed coverage issues in connection with biometric privacy claims, breach of contract and misappropriation of trade secret claims, and high profile defamation claims involving public figures.
Matthew also represents insurers in coverage disputes and litigation. He began his career at Simpson Thacher in New York where he represented companies and individuals in complex commercial, securities, insurance and reinsurance, class action, and contract dispute litigation.
EDUCATION AND ADMISSIONS
- University of Texas School of Law
J.D. 2014; Order of the Coif; Texas Law Review, Associate Editor
- New York University
B.A. 2009, magna cum laude
- State Bars of Texas and New York
- United States District Courts for the Eastern, Southern, and Northern Districts
of New York
PRESENTATIONS AND PUBLICATIONS
• Featured, Amber Heard Faces Fight With Insurer Over Defamation Case, by Shawn Rice, Law360 (July 10, 2022)
• Featured, Insurers Add Biometric Exclusions as Privacy Lawsuits Pile Up, by Daphne Zhang, Bloomberg Law (June 30, 2022)
• Featured, General Liability Cases to Watch in the 2nd half of 2022, by Hope Patti, Law360 (June 27, 2022)
Copyright 2020, TittmannWeix All Rights Reserved