Skillful. Precise. Dedicated.
CHRISTINA M. ROBERTO
Insurance Litigation and Appeals
Gig Economy Insurance
First and Third Party Cyber Claims
Christina Roberto advises clients on complex insurance coverage issues in California, Florida, and across the country. She handles numerous high risk and complicated coverage matters across a spectrum of insurance products, including D&O, E&O, CGL, pollution liability, and multimedia liability policies.
Christina has worked on matters involving opioid coverage and drafting policy language for cutting edge gig economy insurance.
Christina led an effort to achieve a $10 million summary judgment win on an issue of first impression on the joint venture exclusion, in the matter of Reno Contracting v. Crum & Forster.
She also led an argument to find a non-defending carrier responsible for our insurance client’s attorney fees after our client was forced to fund the settlement alone.
EDUCATION AND ADMISSIONS
- University of Southern California Gould School of Law, J.D.
Merit Scholarship Recipient
Semifinalist, Hale Moot Court Honors Program Oral Advocacy Competition
- Suffolk University
B.S. Government, summa cum laude
Member, College of Arts and Sciences Honors Program
- State Bar of California
- United States District Courts for the Central and Northern Districts of California
PRESENTATIONS AND PUBLICATIONS
- Author, “Testing the Waters: The UK High Court of Justice Found Business-Interruption Coverage Applies to Covid-19-Related Losses. Will the Ripples Be Felt in the US?,” CLM Magazine (November 2020)
- Presenter, 2020 Vision: Keep Your Eyes Trained on Emerging Cyber Insurance Trends, CLM (July 2020)
- Author, 5 Insurance Coverage Questions Raised By Opioid Litigation, Law360
- Mentioned, Federal Judge Finds Joint Venture Partner’s Insurance Policy Inapplicable, Mealey’s California Insurance (March 2019)
- Mentioned, Insurer Says Firm Made Up Bad Faith Claim In Dog Bite Case, Law360 (February 2019)
- Scottsdale Ins. Co. v. Dickstein Shapiro LLP, 389 F. Supp. 3d 794 (C.D. Cal. 2019)
- Reno Contracting, Inc. v. Crum & Forster, 359 F. Supp. 3d 944 (S.D. Cal. 2019)
- Seneca Specialty Ins. Co. v. DB Ins. Co., Ltd., 2019 WL 4386367 (N.D. Cal. Sep. 9, 2019)
- First Mercury Insurance Co. v. Kinsale Insurance Co., 2018 WL 3995836 (N.D. Cal. Aug. 21, 2018)
Copyright 2020, TittmannWeix All Rights Reserved