Skillful. Precise. Dedicated.
CHRISTINA M. ROBERTO
Insurance Litigation and Appeals
Gig Economy Insurance
First and Third Party Cyber Claims
Christina Roberto serves as national counsel for insurer clients, advising on complex coverage issues. She handles numerous high risk and complicated coverage matters across a spectrum of insurance products, including D&O, E&O, CGL, pollution liability, and multimedia liability policies.
Christina has worked on matters involving opioid coverage and drafting policy language for cutting edge gig economy insurance.
Christina led an effort to achieve a $10 million summary judgment win on an issue of first impression on the joint venture exclusion, in the matter of Reno Contracting v. Crum & Forster.
She also led an argument to find a non-defending carrier responsible for our insurance client’s attorney fees after our client was forced to fund the settlement alone.
EDUCATION AND ADMISSIONS
- University of Southern California Gould School of Law, J.D.
Merit Scholarship Recipient
Semifinalist, Hale Moot Court Honors Program Oral Advocacy Competition
- Suffolk University
B.S. Government, summa cum laude
Member, College of Arts and Sciences Honors Program
- State Bar of California
- United States District Courts for the Central and Northern Districts of California
PRESENTATIONS AND PUBLICATIONS
- Quoted, What To Know As Vermont Justices Hear Virus Coverage Row, Law360 (January 2022)
- Quoted, Policyholders Hopeful Despite 9th Circ. COVID-19 Losses, Law360 (October 2021)
- Mentioned, Faegre Drinker Facing DQ Bid In Del. Insurance Row, Law360 (September 2021)
- Presenter, COVID-19 and the Insurance Industry, San Francisco Bar Association (February 17, 2021)
- Author, “Testing the Waters: The UK High Court of Justice Found Business-Interruption Coverage Applies to Covid-19-Related Losses. Will the Ripples Be Felt in the US?,” CLM Magazine (November 2020)
- Presenter, 2020 Vision: Keep Your Eyes Trained on Emerging Cyber Insurance Trends, CLM (July 2020)
- Author, 5 Insurance Coverage Questions Raised By Opioid Litigation, Law360
- Mentioned, Federal Judge Finds Joint Venture Partner’s Insurance Policy Inapplicable, Mealey’s California Insurance (March 2019)
- Mentioned, Insurer Says Firm Made Up Bad Faith Claim In Dog Bite Case, Law360 (February 2019)
- Grand Isle Partners, LLC v. Assurant, No. CV 21-505, 2022 WL 179467, __ F. Supp. 3d __ (E.D. La. Jan. 20, 2022)
- Am. Bankers Ins. Co. of Fla. v. Nat’l Fire Ins. Co. of Hartford, 517 F. Supp. 3d 1025 (N.D. Cal. 2021)
- Scottsdale Ins. Co. v. Dickstein Shapiro LLP, 389 F. Supp. 3d 794 (C.D. Cal. 2019)
- Reno Contracting, Inc. v. Crum & Forster, 359 F. Supp. 3d 944 (S.D. Cal. 2019)
- Seneca Specialty Ins. Co. v. DB Ins. Co., Ltd., 2019 WL 4386367 (N.D. Cal. Sep. 9, 2019)
- First Mercury Insurance Co. v. Kinsale Insurance Co., 2018 WL 3995836 (N.D. Cal. Aug. 21, 2018)
Copyright 2020, TittmannWeix All Rights Reserved