Skillful. Precise. Dedicated.
MICHAEL F. WALSH
Examination Under Oath
Underwriting Review and Claims Investigation
Insurance Litigation Support
Michael Walsh supports SIU investigations, handles Examinations Under Oath, and provides litigation and trial support.
He led an investigation of suspected insurance fraud on alleged theft of 1958 Chevrolet Impala, with a $142,500 Agreed Value policy. He conducted an Examination Under Oath and additional investigation, locating the seller of the subject vehicle who verified that the purchase price was misrepresented. The claim was denied on this basis. The insured did not contest.
Michael also investigated suspected insurance fraud on alleged theft of 1957 Chevy Bel Air, with a $100,500 Agreed Value policy. After the client prevailed in federal court on a motion to compel arbitration, we developed facts calling into question restoration invoices. Conducted the EUO and interviewed repair shops, resulting in a substantial settlement discount.
He also supported the legal team achieving a complete summary judgment victory to rescind a policy due to misstatement in application. Brambila v. Wozencraft Insurance Agency, Inc., 2015 WL 12130490 (Cal. Super, Mar. 1, 2016).
EDUCATION AND ADMISSIONS
- San Francisco Law School, San Francisco, California
* J.D., 2004
* Merit Scholarship Recipient
- San Francisco State University, San Francisco, California
* B.A., 1999
* Dean’s List
PRESENTATIONS AND PUBLICATIONS
- Trainer, California Fair Claims Settlement Practices Regulations and Special Investigation Unit (August 2019, 2020, 2021)
- Presenter, “Joining Forces: Collaboration Among Law Enforcement, the Insurance Industry, and Outside Counsel” at the 47th Annual Western States Auto Theft Investigators Association (“WSATI”) Southern Chapter Training Seminar (October 2019)
- Trainer, California Fair Claims Settlement Practices Regulations and Special Investigation Unit (August 2019)
- Presenter, In the line of fire: How Not To Get Hit While Collecting Deductibles and Applying SIRs (December 2016)
- Presenter, The Fraud You Can Prove, 44th Annual Western States Auto Theft Investigators Association (“WSATI”) Southern Chapter Training Seminar (October 2016)
Copyright 2020, TittmannWeix All Rights Reserved